Happiness is the object and design of our existence. Even when times are tough if we live the FAB FIVE we will find joy and happiness in all that we do.
Labels
Thursday, August 27, 2009
David Who? In Nauvoo!!
Our Stake had youth conference in Nauvoo, Illinois at the end of July. We were able to do many fantastic things and of course see the amazing pageant. We arrived on Thursday and our groups first assignment was to attend the Nauvoo temple. As we were entering the temple a friend of mine grabbed me and said David (I did have his last name but I was getting too many comments from random people who searched his name) is in the temple right now but don't tell the kids. So I was obedient and didn't tell the kids but I did tell the adults. It didn't take long before all the kids knew as well because the temple president came in and told all the kids that David was in the temple. Although that was exciting - what we learned later from my same friend was that David would be at the pageant as well. So as the pageant began to start we all identified where he was at and then as the pageant ended we kind of watched to see what would happen. And what happened was all the little girls in the cast of the pageant came running after him. So my friend who is the young mens president said, "hey lets go-my wife loves David and I need to get her some pictures." So I happily obliged. While he took pictures I just hung out and watched David graciously sign autographs. At one point the group of girls were so excited that they almost knocked him over and as you can see from the picture he isn't all that big. But I must say that he was just like he was on TV. Always smiling, talking kindly to everyone and just laughing at all the chaos. It was a fun memory and it made me wonder how many times famous people are at events and we don't even know they are there.
Our stake had bright green shirts so you me and Brady straight back from David in the above picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 year old prayers
Ryker at family prayer Sunday morning before church: “We thank thee that Ami and Mia can record the new Phineas and Ferb movie for us si...
-
Last night as we were getting into bed I made a comment about how dirty our sheets looked and that I had just changed them 2 weeks ago. Sha...
-
Okay this is a long time in coming. For those of you who don't already knowKennedy loves to perform. I am always looking for opportuniti...
-
Well it's been 17 years of living, loving and learning together. Shawn and I spent our 17th wedding anniversary at the St. Louis temple ...
5 comments:
Oh, how I wish I could have been at that pageant. I think what you shared would have been my same reaction, being a member and all. I've seen this pageant. I love that the church still operates Nauvoo and it's just such a great thing for all ages to experience. Glad you got to share a little of it with "someone famous" like David Archuleta!
Dear Joella:
My previous comment was deleted, and I am curious as to why. I could understand it better if I had used offensive language or said something unrelated to your blog post. No, I'm not LDS, so perhaps my thoughts do not mirror your interpretation of your faith. However, I am close with other members of your church, including my own sister, who is a devout and dedicated member of her ward in the State of California. I'm pleased to say that we have had many open discussions about faith and religion in general and, from time to time, Mormonism in particular.
I'm a big fan of David Archuleta, and I will support him in whatever route he takes regarding a mission. My previous comment was meant to reflect the great admiration that people of many faiths from around the world have for David. I feel quite certain he will convert more people to the Mormon religion by continuing on his current path than he ever would by going on a traditional mission. By the way, I'm not totally unfamiliar with missionary work: both my nephew and my niece have served as missionaries. Aside from more people joining The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, David has inspired many to examine their relationship with God more closely, which is a very good thing.
Thank you for writing such a nice article about David. Links to your blog have been posted on websites as far away as Malaysia. Yes, David's influence does reach across the globe!
Dear Anonymous, Thanks for your comments. I agree nothing you said was offensive in any way. I would just rather know who is leaving comments and thus I will change it so that anonymous cannot leave comments anymore. I am glad you are a fan of David and that you have good relations with members of the church. Good luck to you.
We had a surprise fireside from him one Sunday night after he had performed a concert here on Saturday. He sang hymns solo and spoke. He then had a reception line and shook hands with any youth that wanted to meet him. He was very gracious and so incredibly talented. The girls were crazy about meeting him. It was funny.
My Little Tiny Bopper in the green shirt...I love you Jo, What fun....David was great, and it was even more fun to know that he was a member of the church. He does have a beautiful voice.
Post a Comment